POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I need test scenes :) : I need test scenes :) Server Time
4 Aug 2024 14:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  I need test scenes :)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 27 Apr 2003 11:10:49
Message: <3eabf2f9$1@news.povray.org>
Hello all,
   For the past several months, in my spare time, I've been developing
parallel rendering software for the POV-Ray community. I am bending over
backwards to make it artist friendly. It supports 48-bit PNG output, will
have special handling for radiosity (I have some tricks up my sleeve and
have had encouraging results), and it allows any mix of Windows and/or Unix
machines to be used as render nodes. This all works with vanilla POV-Ray
3.5 - no special version is required.

    Right now the multithreaded Master program runs on Windows and it is
targeted at artists who want to render high quality still shots.While my
program is still in the prototype stage, I've reached the point where I'm
doing distributed renders at home on my two machines, and sometimes also on
a third machine over the internet.

    What I'm humbly asking you for is some high-quality test scenes. There
were several good ones I've found already in p.b.s-f, but can anyone suggest
or submit other production quality scenes? In particular, I'm looking for
realistic-looking radiosity scenes that go far beyond the cornell box,
and/or media scenes. The longer rendering time, the better :)

Thanks, suggestions welcome
George Pantazopoulos